By paying for membership in St Josephs GFC, you as a parent / guardian agree to all of the following:
- We/I consent to the Application on the Foireann Online System and to undertakings given by the Applicant.
- We/I understand the personal data on the online system will be used by the Club and the Association for the contractual purpose of registering (or re-registering) and maintaining the Applicant’s Membership.
- We/I understand that the Personal Data will be retained by the Club and the GAA/LGFA for such period as the Applicant’s Membership subsists and for a reasonable period thereafter.
- We/I understand that I/we can resign the Applicant’s Membership by writing to the Club or the GAA/LGFA and their Personal Data will then be erased except where the Club or the GAA/LGFA has a clear justification to retain such Personal Data (e.g. for child safeguarding purposes).
- We/I understand that the Applicant’s Personal Data will also be used for administrative purposes to maintain their Membership including club and team administration, registrations, team sheets, referee reports, disciplinary matters, injury reports, transfers, sanctions, permits and for statistical purposes.
- We/I understand that if I/we do not provide the Applicant’s Personal Data their Membership cannot be registered with the Club and the GAA/LGFA.
- I have read the important Data Protection information at the end of this page and give my consent,
- In the event of illness/injury, I give permission for medical treatment to be administered by a nominated first aider, or by suitably qualified medical practitioners.
- If I cannot be contacted and my child requires emergency hospital treatment, I authorise a qualified medical practitioner to provide emergency treatment or medication.
- Individuals who have not paid their membership are not recognised as paid up members of St Joseph’s GAA/LGFA, are NOT INSURED and are INELIGABLE to participate in GAA/LGFA activities.
- Mandatory to use MOUTHGUARDS in all Gaelic football matches and training sessions.
- The allegiance of juvenile players should firstly be to their own year grade. Children can only progress from the Academy with their own age grade.
Data Protection Information
The following information is intended to inform you of how your Personal Data will be used, by whom and for what purposes.
Who is the data controller?
Your Club and your Association (GAA/LGFA/Camogie) are Joint Data Controllers of your Personal Data as stored here on the Games Management System, and you can contact your Club Secretary (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org), or your Association’s Data Protection Officer if you require any further information.**
How can I contact the Data Protection Officer?**
You can contact your Association’s Data Protection Officer as follows:
GAA – email@example.com, or by phone at +353 1 865 8637
LGFA – firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at +353 1 836 3156
Camogie – email@example.com, or by phone at +353 1 865 8651
What is the purpose of processing my Personal Data?*
The purpose for processing your Personal Data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract in order to register and maintain your membership with your Club and your Association (GAA/LGFA/Camogie).
The purpose is also to keep you informed of GAA events and fundraisers. We will only use your personal data for this second purpose if you have provided your explicit consent for this by ticking the appropriate boxes on the online membership form.
Will anyone else receive a copy of my Personal Data?*
Your Personal Data can be accessed by certain members of the County Committees, Provincial Councils and the Central Council of your Association (GAA/LGFA/Camogie) for administrative purposes. This will be done in accordance with our data protection policy only.
In the event of a GAA injury or insurance claim, details of your claim which will include your Personal Data will be passed to our Injury Fund Administrators, DWF based at 5 George’s Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Where is your Personal Data stored?*
Your data will be stored electronically on the Games Management System’s Membership Database which is provided by Dawson Andrews, based at 17a Ormeau Ave, Belfast BT2 8HD.
Who is Dawson Andrews?
Dawson Andrews is a “data processor” who hosts the database on which your information is stored. We have a contract in place with Dawson Andrews to ensure your Personal Data is stored safely and securely.
How long will your Personal Data be stored for?
Your Personal Data will be held for the duration of your Membership and it will be deleted by us in the event that you resign your Membership or you are expelled in accordance with the Official Guide. However, we may retain your Personal Data after your Membership ceases if we decide that it is strictly necessary to do so in the circumstances in accordance with our data retention policy.
How can I obtain a copy of my Personal Data?
You have the right to request a copy of all of your Personal Data and can do so by contacting us. This information will be provided to you within one month.
What are my privacy rights relating to my Personal Data?*
You have the right to have your Personal Data updated, rectified, or deleted in certain circumstances. You have the right to object to your Personal Data being processed and to withdraw your consent to processing – You can do so by contacting us.
Where can I get further information?*
Further information regarding your rights can be obtained through the Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28 or on the website www.dataprotection.ie
How do I make a complaint or report a breach?*
Should you wish to make a complaint or report a breach under in relation to your Personal Data, you can do so by filling in the appropriate webform on the DPC’s website at www.dataprotection.ie, or by phone at 057 868 4800.